About the Wine
About The Winery
Delamotte was founded in Reims in 1760 by vineyard owner François Delamotte, a vineyard owner. At more than 250 years old, it is the fifth oldest house in Champagne. After the House of Delamotte moved to a beautiful mansion at the end of the 18th century and in 1828, his brother, Nicolas Louis Delamotte, also known as the Chevalier Delamotte Barrachin, assumed management in 1828. In his tenure with the Chamber of Commerce, Nicolas was well known for hosting spectacular events, namely the coronation of France's last king, Charles X. The House was sold to the Lanson family in the 1830s, who later started producing a Lanson label, and later was acquired by Marie-Louise de Nonancourt, née Lanson, in the period between the two World Wars. In 1927, Marie-Louise made the decision to transfer the activities of the house of Delamottte to Le Mesnil-sur-Oger. In 1988, the House of Delamotte joined forces with the still enigmatic Champagne Salon under the umbrella of the parent company, Laurent-Perrier, led by Charles' brother, Bernard. Today, the House of Delamotte and its sister company Champagne Salon are under the direction of Didier Depond.